Individuals who are easily distracted, hyperactive and lacking in concentration respond positively to the additional weight a weighted blanket or vest can provide. Many therapists working with individuals with special needs are recommending the use of weighted products.
In addition, many individuals use weighted blankets because they just have trouble sleeping and have found the blankets to be an extremely helpful, natural drug free sleep aid. Please consult a physician or therapist prior to using a weighted blanket or vest.
Why should I purchase a Weighted Love Blanket?
Here are just a few reasons:
Weighted blankets are designed to help with sensory processing and motor planning. Weighted blankets help promote self-calming and enhance proprioceptive feedback using a therapeutic garment.
Weighted Blankets can help those with (just to name a few):
* ADHD/ADD * Epilepsy
* Alzheimer’s * Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS)
* Anxiety Disorder * Insomnia
* Aspergers Syndrome * Parkinson Disease
* Autism or ASD * Pervasive Development Disorder
* Bi-Polar Disorder * Restless Leg Syndrome
* Brain Trauma Injuries * Rett Syndrome
* Cerebral Palsy * Sensory Integration
* Dementia * Sensory Processing Disorder
* Down’s Syndrome * Tourette’s Syndrome
First and foremost weighted blanket therapy is a non-invasive therapeutic opportunity for the family, teacher, therapist and child. It can allow the child to understand their relationship to the world. To provide information about the child’s movements and positions of the body. It can also be comforting and calming to the child. And when used according to each individual child’s needs it can be a method to help modify behavior and increase feelings of safety.